Nick Barber BA(Hons) DipArch ARB RIBA
I established my practice in January 2013, having worked for 20 years as a salaried Architect; see my LinkedIn profile for more information.
During this time I gained wide-ranging experience in both small local and national commercial practice, enabling me to successfully service a diverse client base encompassing:
- Community based projects and sport facilities
- Conservation and listed buildings; change of use, renovation, extension and refurbishment
- Domestic; extension, conversion of redundant buildings, refurbishment, new build
- Development appraisals
- Residential; private, social, specialist care and developer led
- Educational buildings
- Healthcare facilities
- Industrial and commercial development
- Design & Build (client side or contractors side).
Much of the work in my portfolio has been generated through word of mouth, recommendation and repeat commissions.
I aim to design buildings that harmonise with their surroundings, fulfil their function and successfully incorporate principles of simplicity, sustainability, light and interaction. I believe it is only possible to achieve these goals by building honest, collaborative and enduring relationships with my clients and consultant teams.
I have completed the Code for Sustainable Homes assessor course, which has provided further insight and understanding of the many factors that influence ‘sustainable’ architecture. I am well versed in ‘green’ building techniques and the requirements of CfSH and BREEAM as well as the underlying principles of Passivhaus.
Get in touch with us
We will only use your details to contact you about this enquiry. We promise to keep your details secure, and will not pass them on to any third party.
We will delete your details when our statutory responsibilities to you end.